Law And Practice Of Arbitration In Singapore
Format: Hard Cover ,
This book has been written as a basic text on the law and practice of arbitration in Singapore. It has been written primarily for those who are new to the law and practice of arbitration and will therefore be useful to both students and lawyers alike. Law students, participants in the professional workshops and courses run by the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators as well as those attending the Graduate Certificate in International Arbitration will find this particularly useful as this is the only basic local text on the subject of arbitration.
Almost all leading or key decisions of the Singapore courts are discussed in the book. In addition, a number of chapters address practical issues which confront arbitration practitioners. Generally, it is a good introductory text for arbitration practitioners. It will also be a useful resource for foreign lawyers who may need to advise their non- Singaporean clients on the arbitration law of Singapore and its arbitral processes.
Book Review by Chan Leng Sun, Partner, Ang & Partners
Book Review by Sundra Rajoo, 1 March 2011
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The Legislative Framework in Singapore
- Chapter 3: The UNCITRAL Model Law
- Chapter 4: Fundamental Concepts of Modern Arbitration Law
- Chapter 5: The Arbitration Agreement
- Chapter 6: Appointment of Arbitrators
- Chapter 7: The Assistance of the National Court
- Chapter 8: The Arbitral Award
- Chapter 9: The Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Chapter 10: Public Policy and International Arbitration
- Chapter 11: Interim Measures in Aid of Foreign Arbitrations and Recent Developments in the Model Law
- Chapter 12: Arbitration Rules
- Chapter 13: Procedure and Evidence
- Chapter 14: Practical Matters
MR LESLIE CHEW
To order or for current pricing go to:
www.lexisnexis.com/store/sg or call +65 6349 0110
All prices are in SGD. Prices are subject to change.
Orders are subject to acceptance by LexisNexis and remain valid until cancelled in writing. Shipping, handling, and GST will be added where applicable. LexisNexis, the Knowledge Burst logo, and lexis.com are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc.,
used under license. Matthew Bender is a registered trademark of Matthew Bender properties Inc.
Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright 2009 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials, including graphics or logos, may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific written permission of LexisNexis. Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.